Charming faces are everywhere and although 92% of girls say that women shouldn’t feel pressured to change the way they look, it’s hard to not try to look the way society wants us to. For example, research has shown that a third of girls won’t post a selfie without a filter.
We at Bright Side applaud the bravery and beauty of these women who are sharing honest pictures to fight the ridiculous beauty standards we’re all facing.
1. “I’ve said this before. There was never anything wrong with my gray hair. ”
2. “Isn’t it absurd that it is socially acceptable for humans to have lots of hair on their head, but not on other parts of their same body?”
3. We’re so glad some have a humorous take on glamorous celebrity photos.
4. “All bodies are bikini bodies.”
5. “So this is me normalizing facial hair for anyone who’s grown up believing it’s something to be ashamed of.”
6. “I’ve always hated my hair. And my mom grew up hating her freckles… so she always taught me that covering them is what you have to do. But now I’m kinda growing to like them.”
7. This girl ditched Western beauty standards and wore her natural hair down for the first time ever. And she’s gorgeous!
8. “I’ve struggled with body image my whole life. But I’m realizing I kind of look like those statues of Ancient Greek women, and I’m okay with being the Ancient Greek ideal woman.”
9. This couple might look not like others, but they’re absolutely beautiful!
10. “This is a picture that very clearly shows some of the more unflattering parts of my body, but I am so happy to finally be able to post it without shame!”
11. “You guys inspired me to take my first ever non-slouching, ’tall and (pretending to be) proud’ selfie and I panicked at the moment. Old habits die hard I guess.”
12. “I shaved my head 9 months ago after having chemically relaxed hair for 15 years! I’m experiencing my natural hair for the first time. It’s a whole new part of me and I love it.”
13. “I’ve been wearing my hair like the photo on the left for the majority of my life. I recently met someone who has encouraged me to embrace my inner curly girl!”
14. “My first time in a bikini in public!” (male to female)
15. “My husband is both shorter and thinner than I am, and it’s never been an issue for him. Normalize women being bigger than their partners.”
16. “I’m loving my tiger stripes because they gave me you… ”
17. ” You have pores, not flaws! Consider a lemon without its dimples… it’s skin protecting the fruit inside.”
18. “Just a reminder that it’s okay to be bigger than your partner.”
19. “I was told I shouldn’t wear big eyeglasses because they emphasize my nose. So… I bought the biggest pair I could find!”
20. “Ever since I was diagnosed with vitiligo I’ve been called ‘cow’ and ‘Dalmatian,’ so I did a look inspired by that.”
What impression did these photos leave on you? Is there any other beauty stereotype that should be ditched forever?
Share This Article