When a young mother took her baby to her parents’ house, she was utterly oblivious to what lay ahead. After putting her little one to sleep in the bassinet, she left for work. A few hours later, she received a phone call that shattered her heart and crushed her soul.
A mother’s love for her child is endless, pure, and unconditional. Regardless of what goes on in the world, children know they can find shelter in their mom’s loving arms as her tender kisses, warm hugs, and gentle pats on the back can remedy all their problems.
Mothers share a heart-to-heart connection with their babies that strengthens with time. While motherhood is filled with challenges and struggles, it also comprises transcendent moments of ecstasy and bliss. No mother can bear the sight of seeing her kids in trouble. Sadly, the mom in our story underwent a painful experience.
A Ray of Sunshine
Christy Beninati lived in Mississippi with her two adorable sons, Noah and Owen. She loved her boys more than anything and felt blessed to be their mother.
She hurried to check on her family without wasting time, but it was too late.
Beninati was a certified nurses aide at River Chase Village and a devoted mother to her two bundles of joy. Little Owen was a source of pure light and joy for his mom and older brother, Noah.
He was a ray of sunshine who knew how to get his mom’s attention with his cute smile, sparkling eyes, and adorable giggles. Owen enjoyed playing with his big brother and keeping his mom on her toes.
A Happy Baby
Beninati described her beloved son in these words, “Owen was a happy boy. He was smiling and happy all the time, and he was beautiful and such a good boy.”
While at work, the St. Martin resident said she often left her two kids at her parents’ house, who watched them in her absence. On Sunday, September 25, 2022, the young mother said she did the same.
A Life-Altering Day
However, that day, Beninati’s mother had work, so the kids, Noah, six, and eight-month-old Owen, stayed home with Beninati’s father and her two teenage siblings. Before leaving, the woman said she put her little son, Owen, to sleep in his cradle.
But a few hours later, Beninati recalled receiving a call that her parents’ house had caught fire. She hurried to check on her family without wasting time, but it was too late. The rescue team reportedly found a baby boy in a bedroom after the fire was extinguished.
Broken beyond Repair
According to State Fire Marshal Supervisor Mitchell Mixon, no adults were in the house at the time of the fire. Moreover, Mixon said that the other three youngsters, who were present in the home when it caught fire, were all unharmed.
A devastated Beninati said that she was fortunate to have gotten the chance to spend eight beautiful months with her son. She further added that the soul-crushing incident took not only her sweet boy and her parents’ house but also her heart. She expressed:
“I’m not sure why the universe decided that it was my babies time to go and I don’t know if I’ll ever be the same after this. I am so confused and absolutely heartbroken (sic).”
Supporting the Family
Beninati’s family has created a crowdfunding page to support her during this challenging time and cover her son’s funeral expenses. As of September 28, over $4,000 have been raised of the $10,000 goal.
In addition, Beninati’s partner, Michael Hamro, has also started another GoFundMe page on Beninati’s behalf to help her give a proper funeral to her beloved son. Over $4,700 have been collected of the $7,000 goal so far. The devastated mother wrote:
“Owen passed away 9/25/22 in a tragic house fire that took not only my parents house but also my 8 month old sons life. Anything helps, I’d be fine with whatever, but I just want to make sure my little beautiful baby has a proper service (sic).”
“I Will Always Love You”
The distraught mother penned a touching post for her little son where she shared adorable pictures of him and poured out her feelings. She told her boy in the heavens:
“I loved you since the day you were born Owen Christopher, and I will love you until the day I die my baby. Rest now, and I’ll see you in another life.”
Rest in Peace, Little One
In another Facebook post, Beninati thanked everyone who reached out to her with words of encouragement and support and donated to Owen’s fundraiser. She added:
“I know it doesn’t bring my baby back nor does it make it hurt any less but your kind words and support mean the world to me. Just know that I will be okay, I have to be okay for the baby I do have. I love you all (sic).”
We are truly sorry for your loss, dear Beninati. May your little angel rest in God’s arms. We request all AmoMama readers to remember Owen and his family in their heartfelt prayers.
Click here to read another story about a couple who lost three kids in a Louisiana house fire after going to work, with the youngest one being only two-year-old.