When He Saw What Came In His Can Of Fruit, He Called His Doctor In A Panic

An Australian man was left fearing for his health and well-being after he found a syringe in a half-eaten can of peaches that he had purchased from the local grocery store. The man has been eating the peaches for breakfast with cereal for some time and was horrified to find the syringe in the can that he purchased from the grocery store Coles. Now, Dave McKell from Perth, Australia, wants Gold Reef to recall its cans of peaches for fear that other cans might be loaded with dangerous syringes that could cause harm or even death to unsuspecting people who are just trying to eat their canned fruit.


The Perth man had been eating the peaches with his Weet-Bix cereal every morning. However, he stopped one morning when he found the syringe plunger floating in the peachy syrup. He now no longer feels safe during his breakfast routine because the syringe sent him into a state of distress.


In addition to the real danger that the syringe could have caused McKell if he swallowed it, he will be undergoing blood tests to make sure he did not contract any disease from eating the tainted can of peaches.

“I saw the top of it and thought, ‘what’s that white thing on the top and found the whole plunger sitting there,” he told Nine News. “I’m a bit turned off by peaches now. I might go pears.”

McKell bought the tainted can of peaches from the Coles grocery store in Greenwood Village in Perth’s northern neighborhood several weeks ago. However, once he discovered the syringe in the can of peaches, he immediately went back to the store to alert the grocery store staff to the alarming discovery.


Now that little has been done to resolve the problem, McKell is sharing his story publicly to warn other people that their cans of peaches could be tainted with a used syringe. He wants people to beware of the potential dangers of buying Gold Reef brand canned fruits and believes that the product should be

recalled from all grocery store shelves until it can be verified that the recipe has not been tainted.

“I’d like to see it get off the shelves for starters,” he said. “They (the staff) wanted me to fill out an incident report, and they wanted to take the can off me, but I didn’t want them to take the can.”

In response to McKell’s claims, Coles said it never had a problem with its products. Gold Reef products are canned and packed in South Africa, where the manufacturer uses local ingredients obtained from the gorgeous South African landscape.

Coles sold the tainted can of peaches to McKell for $3 a can.

“We apologize to the customer for their experience,” a Coles statement read. “We’re taking this matter very seriously and will be investigating with our supplier.”

Do you think Gold Reef peach halves in syrup should be recalled due to this syringe incident?


Related Posts

Son Makes Elderly Mother in Wheelchair Cry at Restaurant, Apologizes When Owner Steps In – Story of the Day

A young man took his disabled mother to a restaurant but ignored her until she dropped her water glass. He scolded her for it, making her cry,…

Kid Buys Dinner for Cops, Next Day Two Police Cars Stop at His Mom’s House — Story of the Day

Kid Buys Dinner for Cops, Next Day Two Police Cars Stop at His Mom’s House A boy sees two lonely policemen and spends the money he’d saved…

Pizza Delivery Man Risks Job Saving Old Lady Trapped in Fire, Next Day Boss Arrives at His Home — short story

A pizza delivery man fears losing his job after ditching his deliveries to save an older woman trapped in a fire. He turns off his phone to…

Little Boy Storms Into Dad’s Work a Day After His Death to Face Father’s Boss – Story of the Day

When his hardworking father died, little Kyle walked into his dad’s boss’ office to ask him one question face-to-face. The boss was unprepared to hear those words…

Older Lady Helps Single Dad Change Baby’s Diaper, Next Day He Arrives at Her Home in Luxe Car — Story of the Day

A single dad was in the zoo with his kids when he realized he had left his baby’s diapers at home. An older lady stepped in to…

Working Mom of Two Returns Home & Finds 5-Month-Old Son Alone and Asleep on the Floor — Story of the Day

Abby returned home from work to discover her five-month-old on the nursery room floor. He was never supposed to be alone in the first place, but there…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *